A group of reservations booked by either one person or multiple parties for the same date is considered a Group Reservations Group reservations may include but are not limited to weddings, corporate meetings, family reunions, etc. If the minimum booking requirements are met then all reservations in the group may qualify for group rates.
Group Cancelation Policy
Group reservations must be guaranteed with a one night’s deposit per unit. Deposits are applied to the last night of the reservations and are refundable if canceled thirty (30) days prior to arrival date. If canceled less than thirty (30) days prior to arrival, the deposit is forfeited. If reservations are canceled fourteen (14) days or less prior to arrival date, guests are required to pay for the entire stay. Changing a confirmed reservation is in effect a cancellation. A $25.00 processing fee applies to each refund. During high occupancy periods, a minimum stay may be required. Personal checks are not accepted for the balance due.
Our 4, 5, and 6 bedroom cottages work great for large groups because they offer privacy in each separate bedroom while giving you the kitchen and great room area for gathering. However, you may have parties in your group who would like their own room or suite. We recommend you forwarding our contact information to these parties, and letting them book their own reservations with us. This way they will get an accurate room description, they can pay their own deposit to us for their unit, and we can review our cancellation policy with them directly. This releases the group coordinator from being responsible for their unit in the event of a cancellation. Have your parties mention the group name to qualify for group rates.
Function Booking Policies
After deciding on The Winds as the location for your destination beach wedding, these are the procedures to follow to confirm your function.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm a beach wedding function. This is equal to 50% of your rental equipment and services, not including catering or accommodations.
- If paying this deposit with a personal check, it is due 45 days prior to the date of the event. If paying by credit card, it is due 15 days prior to the event. However, your function date is not blocked until deposit is received. Upon receipt of your deposit, your date and time are blocked and your prices are guaranteed and will not change.
- Please have your requests for services in at least 30 days prior to the date of the event. Within 30 days our capability of adding services will be limited.
- After receipt of your deposit, a contract is mailed out that requires your signature and needs to be returned. This document needs to be on file with the resort prior to the event.
- Catering services are considered separate from your function total and require their own 50% deposit.
- Accommodations require a one night’s deposit per unit.
- If paying for your function, catering, beach wedding or accommodations by personal check, a credit card is required to be on file with the resort.